Friday, July 1, 2011

Hellgirl poet Anastasia Brown - interview by Allie Thomas


Anastasia Brown
Anastasia Brown's poem Hellgirl was chosen as May's Line & Lyric theme.  Allie Thomas interviewed Ana about her work and inspiration:

Ana is a 16 year old writer, usually of stories, but occasionally of poetry too. She is pretty deep and insightful, and very creative. She spent half her life in her birth country New Zealand, and now attends an International School in the Netherlands. She understands difference, hates injustice, and adores her cat. 

1) Who are you and what do you do?
I am a student at an International School in the Netherlands.

2) When did you first start writing? Do write anything besides poetry (short stories, fiction, etc)? 
I first started writing pretty much as soon as I had learned to write. I was writing my own stories from about the age of 8. Mostly what I write are stories, I would like to write a novel.

3) What poet/writers do you admire? 
C.S Lewis, Tolkien, Edgar Allen Poe, at the moment I am into reading detective/forensics novels from a variety of writers.

4) Do you have a special place that you like to write? 
Not really, mostly I write either at my desk in my room or in the living room. Its handy to have a laptop.

5) What was your inspiration for 'Hellgirl'?
I'm not sure, I was kind of daydreaming and playing Sims and it just came to me. I was inspired by things in my life at the time and this cartoon series I was watching at the time.



Roam by Davs, inspired by Hellgirl
6) If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
I am a huge X-men fan, and there are so many really cool superpowers that the X-men have, it would be hard to choose just one. I would love to have accelerated healing and the claws like Wolverine- but then again being able to control kinetic energy or something would be awesome too.

7) Would you be willing to share another poem with us?
If I write another one I like, of course!!

8) Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I don't know, I wish I could be certain about what I want to do with my life, there are so many choices and it seems like I always change what I want. I think in ten years time I will hopefully have found out what I want to do and be doing that thing I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...