Saturday, July 2, 2011

Creature Collaboration - Louise van Terheijden (part III)

third rectangle of creature collaboration by Louise van Terheijden
Keep your EYES PEELED for a chance to WIN the finished painting!

Six artists from around the world are shipping a painting from one person to the next, adding their own interpretation to the Creature Collaboration.  



What inspires me?
What inspires me most is people, their relationships, their dreams, desires, what make them sad, happy,etc. and nature has a big influence. Matisse is my favorite Artist. He inspired me the most in using color.

What is my technique? 
Technique can be anything. Paper, Paint, watercolors ink, pencil, and the computer. I mix all those techniques like in the serie Violas. I started to make studies of trees and flowers. I made collages of them and they ended up in a digital piece of art using programmes like Illustrator and Photoshop on my Mac.

How is my art different from other artists? 
I can’t tell what is different in general from other artists. My work is maybe unique because I use different techniques to create a picture. And I like transparency. Color is important too. Color, Transparency, Poetical.

Why do I do this particular kind of art?
Being able to produce prints makes it possible to make affordable Art. People can enjoy my work at home. I keep the editions limited so they are still unique.

The complete Creature will be unveiled at the end!
 
To view the previous Creature Collaboration installment, click here.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a really interesting project and lovely to read a little about Louise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled you enjoyed it, isn't Louise's work brilliant!

    brienna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...